The International Competition of Pop and Jazz Performance “SEVEN STARS”
Attention! Acceptance of applications has been extended until August 1!!!
Aims and objectives of the Competition
- Development of musical performance among children and youth.
- Aesthetic education of the younger generation.
- Exchange of educational experience in the field of culture and art.
- Identification and encouragement of talented pupils, students, educators and accompanists.
- Creation of conditions for creative self-actualization of young musicians.
- Dissemination of experience of leading masters in the field of musical art.
- Involving public representatives, students, pupils and talented young musicians in cultural events.
Dates and participants of the Competition
The Competition is held in absentia by video recordings from July 1 to July 30, 2020.
– July 1 – July 20 – Acceptance of applications.
– July 20 – July 25 – Processing and registration of submitted applications.
– July 25 – July 30 – Viewing video performances by jury members.
– After July 30 – Announcement of the results by posting information with ratings on the Competition official page.
– Diplomas are sent within 10 working days from the date of announcement of the results.
Any interested person from all regions of Russia and other countries can take part in the Competition.
- Bowed string instruments
- Wind instruments
- Folk instruments
- Ensembles: vocal, instrumental, vocal-and-instrumental
- Pop and jazz vocals – soloists and groups
- Pop and jazz instrumental genre – soloists and groups
- Media ensemble – a group created by the editing method. Each participant is filmed and recorded separately from the other participants. Only editing and mixing unites these performances into a single ensemble.
- Academic vocals, instrumental, vocal-and-instrumental groups.
- Pop vocals, instrumental, vocal-and-instrumental groups.
- Jazz vocals, instrumental, vocal-and-instrumental groups.
- Sound engineering, editing – the skill of editing and mixing of the provided materials in media ensembles is assessed.
The Competition participants are divided into the following age groups in all categories: pop and jazz vocals, pop and jazz instrumental genre, media ensembles:
- “Debut” – 3-6 years old;
- “A” – junior group – 7-9 years old;
- “B” – middle group – 10-12 years old;
- “C” – senior group – 13-15 years old;
- “D” – youth group – 16-21 years old;
- “E” – students – 21-30 years old, students of higher educational institutions (field of music);
- “F” – prof – from 22 years and older; participants who are not students of specialized institutions, but have degrees in music;
- “G” amateurs – no age limit (participants without any degree in music);
- “H” – ensembles – mixed age group, no age limit;
- Sound engineering, editing – no age limit;
- The age of the participant is indicated at the time of registration.
- Famous pop and jazz performers, educators, composers and directors.
The jury reserves the right to
- Award not all prizes.
- Share prizes among the participants.
- Award special prizes, encouragement prizes established in honour of the Competition by cultural organizations, educational organizations, creative organizations, enterprises, commercial organizations, foundations.
- Award best teachers and accompanists with diplomas.
- If a jury member is associated with the participant or is his/her teacher, he/she does not participate in the voting when evaluating the results of listening to this competitor.
- The jury’s decision is final and not subject to any revision.
- The jury’s recommendations on the programme performed will be published on the Competition official website.
General requirements for competitive works
One work is performed at the Competition at the participant’s option.
- Song – solo vocals, vocal and vocal-and-instrumental ensemble.
- Instrumental work – solo performance and instrumental ensemble.
- Each participant performs One work in the selected category. Participation of one participant in several categories is possible. In this case, a separate application is made for each category.
- The performance duration must strictly correspond to the timing, if not complied, the application is not accepted for consideration and the fee is not refundable.
- In the Media Ensemble category – recordings of ensembles created by editing and mixing material recorded separately from each other are accepted for listening – without limiting the number and age of participants, genre, and instruments.
- The performance duration in all categories and age groups is no longer than 10 minutes.
Performance evaluation criteria
- Performing skills – beauty of timbre, quality of sound production, depth of image disclosure.
- Mastery and technique of performance.
- Accuracy of the author’s text performance.
- Compliance of the repertoire with the performing abilities and age category of the performer.
- Quality of performance – intonation, rhythm.
- Musicality, artistry.
- Compliance with the style of the epoch of writing, author’s specificities.
- Sound engineering, editing.
Performances of the participants are evaluated on a 100-point scale. Then the arithmetic mean is determined.
7 STARS – Grand Prix – 100 points;
6 STARS – 1st Degree Laureate – 90 to 99 points;
5 STARS – 2nd Degree Laureate – 80 to 89 points;
4 STARS – 3rd Degree Laureate – 70 to 79 points;
3 STARS – 1st Degree Diploma Winner – 60 to 69 points;
2 STARS – 2nd Degree Diploma Winner – 50 to 59 points;
1 STAR – 3rd Degree Diploma Winner – 40 to 49 points;
- Certificate of the Participant – below 40 points.
Prizes and awards
- The Competition winners are awarded with the titles of laureates and diploma winners; they are also assigned with a corresponding number of stars.
- Special diplomas and prizes for artistry and virtuosity are established.
- Special diplomas are established for teachers, who have trained the Competition winners, for professional educational skills, and accompanists.
- A special diploma is established for editing.
Procedure and financial conditions of the Competition
- The Competition takes place in absentia in one round.
- To participate in the Competition, you must send an application in electronic form with the compulsory indication of the return address, postal code, contact phone number and e-mail address.
The following are attached to the form completed:
- Link to the video of the programme performed; the file must be indicated as follows: the participant’s surname, name, work.
- Copy of the participant’s birth certificate or passport;
- Copy of the payment receipt of the entry fee indicating the purpose of payment: “Seven Stars” Competition and the participant’s surname.
- After registration is complete, the programme specified in the application cannot be changed. If you refuse to participate in the Competition, the entry fee is not refunded.
The application can only be sent together with a complete set of the above accompanying materials and documents.
The deadline for submitting applications is July 20, 2020.
* In case of difficulties with sending via the website, the copied and completed registration form along with the attached documents can be sent until July 20, 2020 to the Organizing Committee by e-mail to email@example.com with the following message in the letter subject: “Seven Stars” Competition Application.
- The organizing committee has the right to both stop and extend the acceptance of applications.
- The organizing committee has the right to use video materials provided by participants for competitive viewing for advertising purposes to popularize the Competition.
- Fees for the use of the materials are not paid.
- By their application the participants agree with the terms of the Competition, coverage of the event in the media, as well as the processing of their personal data.
The entrance fee of the Competition participant of all age groups and categories (solo, ensemble)
- 2.000 rubles – price of one competition performance in all categories and age groups (sending the diploma in electronic form is included in the price).
- 400 rubles – sending the diploma by the Russian Post.
- 250 rubles – price of a letter of gratitude, certificate of merit to the teacher in electronic form (application and payment are accepted after the announcement of the results).
- The diplomas will be sent in a single copy to both the soloist and the ensemble.
- The diplomas will be sent within 10 days after the publication of the results.
The data in the diplomas (participant’s surname and name, teacher’s full name, accompanist’s full name, institution name) are entered from the application received from the participant. Check the correctness of all entered information before sending the application.
After the diploma has been sent, no changes are made to it.
- An up-to-date video taken no earlier than September 1, 2019 is accepted for the Competition.
- The file must be uploaded to www.youtube.com.
- Links via Cloud Mail.Ru, Yandex.Disk, Google Drive ARE NOT ACCEPTED!
- Only links to watch the video are accepted.
- A professional and high-quality amateur filming of the performance programme, recorded on a camcorder or camera mounted on a tripod, recorded on a smartphone on a tripod or on a static stand, located no further than 5 meters (in case of recording in a concert hall) is allowed.
- A recording made at home, recorded on a camcorder or camera mounted on a tripod, recording made on a smartphone mounted on a tripod or on a static stand is allowed.
A recording shot without a tripod with an unstable and shaky picture will not be accepted, the entry fee will not be refunded.
During the programme performance the hands, the instrument and the performer’s face must be clearly visible on the video.
Video files sent by e-mail attachment or a link to download will not be accepted.
Phone: +7 (495) 445-47-75